RE: Wireless routers...

=20

Thanks again for the feedback - all valuable!

My hand may be forced on my router decision anyway - over this bank holiday
weekend another three access points have appeared in range of me (I can
currently see nine including my own) - channels seem to have been ramdomly
chosen and my throughput has *PLUMMETED* ... I can't even stream a freeview
recording from my MCE box to my laptop now let alone stream DVDs from my
server as I used to!

I've now got so annoyed with it all that I have just ordered an Intel 2915
a/b/g mini PCI WiFi card for my lappy (it currently has an Intel 2200 b/g
card in it so the 2915 should be a straight swap) and this evening I've
bee=
trying to find an 802.11a router that won't break the bank.

I've found this unit...=20

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/52245

...at ebuyer (yes, I know they're the modern day www.scan.com but needs
mus=
and all that).

It's a discontinued ProSeries unit and the later reviews of it seem to rate
it highly (there are some early reviews that say it had dropout issues but
it looks like they were sorted with firmware updates) ... I've gotta give
5GHz a go and see if that's any better. :-(

Phil