From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Chris Hunter
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 1:22 AM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] CCTV

'trying to choose a CCTV camera ... some come with IR lamps built-
in ... and yet, in normal photography, having the lamps actually on
the camera is not a good idea, because it gives a very flat image ...
so, 'wonder, has anyone tried mounting the lamp separately from the
camera ... 'suppose it might involve having some light sensors, too,
so the lamp came-on only when needed ... our digital imaging PCI card
has a multi-channel GPIO daughter-card, which should allow such
possibilities ...

'still can't decide which camera to buy ...