Re: Something for the weekend sir ?

'still can't quite get my mind around the idea of spending 500+GBP
on=20=20
a remote control ... especially when (ISTM) they mostly are not easy=20=20
to use ...

BTW, what happened to that Pepper device ... ???

Chris

On 5 Apr 2007, at 12:54, Paul Gale wrote:

> Thanks Dean,
>
> I'm currently using a Harmony 895 - which for the first time
ever=20=20
> for all the prontos etc I've owned, is actually controlling=20=20
> everything I need in the AV room :)
>
> Would you say the Nevo is somewhere between the pronto and
harmony=20=20
> in easy of setup? Or is it still closer to the pronto?
>
> I have looked at the Nevo before but was undecided. I'm kind of=20=20
> thinking about the next remote and maybe the Harmony will get=20=20
> relegated to the guest bedroom...
>
> Paul.

Kids=20=20
>> use the
>> Nevo
>> is definitely better. And I think it will probably bounce
better=20=20
>> when it
>> falls of the arm of the chair :(
>>
>> Nevo's costs us a little less, plus the distributors seem to
be=20=20
>> trying to
>> protect the channel by not allowing people to sell them
direct=20=20
>> without
>> programming. Both Armour and Universal Electronics indicate
they=20=20
>> police
>> the
>> net to remove people selling direct. I know that UE wont
repair=20=20
>> units that
>> have not been sold via authorised channels.
>>
>> Nevo is so much quicker and easier to program than the Pronto
-=20=20
>> NevoStudio
>> is a hundred times better than ProntoEdit. You can create stuff
very
>> quickly. Two evenings was enough to have Activities, Sky Plus/TV
>> Favourites/DVDR/Slimp/Picture Frame/Amp/MCE2005/Cbus etc. all
nicely
>> programmed and running - almost at a standardgood enough for a pro
>> install....
>>
>> UE have the biggest database of IR in the world supposedly.
And=20=20
>> what they
>> havent got that philips may have you can import CCF with the IR
on.

>> uPnP is interesting... - personally I find it a little flakey
at=20=20
>> present
>> and
>> wouldn't be comfortable selling it yet - it will work with
Sonos=20=20
>> as a uPnP
>> controller, Twonyvision server, Soundbrige renderer etc.
>>
>> Wifi to IR is good to, you can cascade multiple units and get
lots=20=20
>> of IR
>> control - each extender does 6 IR's. One of the nice things
about=20=20
>> this is
>> that you can have 2 x Sky Plus or HD in the same rack - use
two=20=20
>> Wifi/IR
>> extenders each using emmiters, and you can then control both boxes
>> seperately.
>>
>> No RS232 via Nevo though....
>>

>> Dean.

in=20=20
>>> December so
>>> still has loads of manufacturers warranty on it.
>>>
>>> Selling on the net between =A3700 to =A3800.00
>>>
>>> Mine going for just =A3550.00 - you'll even get some of my
crap custom
>>> graphics for that too - (mainly Sky Plus stuff)
>>>
>>> This is a private sale, so no VAT involved.
>>>
>>> We're now NevoSL authorised resellers, so i'm now
concentrating on