XBox remote control - 3.3v detection ?

  • Subject: XBox remote control - 3.3v detection ?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 07:01:57 +0100

Hmm, now that I've installed the IR remote mod, and i've seen what
wires
are needed, Im thinking I can control this fully from within CBUS/Comfort
(and Homvision could do this).

We make a connection to GND, 3v, and 3v STB for the IR Mod. Now, am I
right in saying that the 3v STB is activated when the xbox is on ?

So 0v when the XBOX is off, and when the XBOX is on this circuit creates
3v and is detectable by an input ? I already have a wired connection to a
Comfort relay to trigger the power - but I never knew it's exact state so
swithcing the amp etc automatically was pointless.

If this is detectable, we could put this into an input. Sounds reasonable
?

G.

Gareth Cook
IT Architect / Project Manager, SWG Sales
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 05/04/2007 06:56 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Yesterday 10:57

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] XBox remote control
.
Category:

Having rediscovered XBMC recently I cursed the designers of Microsoft who
left out the remote control ON functionality.  After a bit of googling, I
came across the XIR Easy Kit (http://www.xir.us) and 5 minutes later an
order was placed.  The kit arrived yesterday, so I took some pictures and
made a small How-To for your viewing pleasure :)

Find it here: http://www.awooga.nl/content/view/39/1/

Q.
--
Smile, tomorrow will be worse