Re: Remote energy metering

Richard Parker wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm still on my quest to find a (relatively) easy way to monitor my
power
> consumption, with a view to logging usage over time in SQL server.
>
> Does this product look as though it may do the trick? It's a tad
expensive
> (£395!):
>
> http://www.elcomponent.co.uk/products.php?id=135&pid=37
> <http://www.elcomponent.co.uk/products.php?id=135&pid=37>
>
> Thoughts, anyone?

That looks very interesting - I wonder if they will release the protocol
for pulling the data in to M+T packages?

Shame it can't be OFGEM approved - I could sell hundreds of them for
tenant sub-billing!!

As far as cost is concerned, it's on the high side for a commercial
meter but not too expensive.

You will need a CT as well so add an additional £15 - £20 for a
100/5 CT

Cheers

Neil