Re: Getting DVDs onto a hard drive

  • Subject: Re: Getting DVDs onto a hard drive
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:17:42 -0000

> It keeps my "office" warm ...
>
> ... along with 4 x 19" Iiyama CRT monitors that might explain why
at the
> moment (9:30pm) the office is a balmy 29 degrees with the window open.

Now if you fitted the house with a MHRV system, you would never hav to
use the heating, just reuse the waste heat - "Heat Electric" ;-)

> > mac based ripping....well thats something im not there yet with,

I did try out Mac the Ripper (Freeware) last night.  Seemed to work
fine on a randomly selected DVD but I'm not sure how up to date it
remains with decryption techniques.

And, on a slightly different track, connected only by daft application
names... I've been using 'Chicken of the VNC' on the Mac to connect to
my headless server running the RealVNC server app.  The Mac client
works better than the RealVNC version!