Re: Getting DVDs onto a hard drive

  • Subject: Re: Getting DVDs onto a hard drive
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:08:03 -0000

Phil

Thanks for the detailed pointer.  I'll download the trial versions and
give the slysoft stuff a go.  I'm happy to pay a modest fee if it
works as well as you say.

I have to ask about the Mac Mini... How are you using this?  Is it
purely as a storage device come server connected to the firewire
drives or do you also use it in in HTPC type mode?  If so, how?

I'd like to use the Mac as HTPC as its so quiet and small so I
wouldn't mind it sitting in the lounge.  Unfortunately Front Row
doesn't seem to like VIDEO_TS (I guess the same goes for Apple TV).
I'm thinking of trying Media Central as an alternative as that looks a
lot more flexible. If only it supported say xAP...

And if I could use the Mac Mini as a HTPC it would be an excuse to go
and replace it with a MacBook...

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> 657 movies (stored on a Mac Mini using 23 external firewire drives)
at the
> last count all at their full original bitrate - most are ripped just
as the
> main feature only but some (mainly TV series DVDs such as "The
Simpsons")