RE: Re: Getting DVDs onto a hard drive

657 movies (stored on a Mac Mini using 23 external firewire drives) at
the
last count all at their full original bitrate - most are ripped just as the
main feature only but some (mainly TV series DVDs such as "The
Simpsons")
are ripped complete with menus...

Phil

additional
> > compression necessary to fit within a required size that you can
> > specify
> > (i.e. 8cm DVD, single layer DVD, dual layer DVD or
"custom" etc.),
> > strip out
> > any unwanted audio tracks or subtitles - then write those files
out
> as
> > either a directory structure (i.e. Movie_Name/VIDEO_TS/... etc.),
an
> > ISO
> > image or to a DVD recorder directly.
> >
> > Just download AnyDVD and CloneDVD from the website and install
them -
> > there's a 21day trial period on them if they're unregistered and
they
> > just
> > work. AnyDVD is updated regularly (sometimes seems like every few
> days)
> > as
> > new protections come out but you can tell it to check for updates
> each
> > time
> > it runs and it will do that for you. Same with the CloneDVD
> application
> > except that gets updated only infrequently (as you would expect
as
> the
> > unprotected DVD spec doesn't change).
> >
> > It doesn't transcode to alternative formats such as DIVX or WMV
at
> all
> > if
> > that's what you were meaning - it simply allows you to copy DVDs
and
> > manipulate the data on them to give a final DVD format movie.
> >
> > Phil

Phil
fuss and effort.

<phil@...> wrote:

> [...]