Sky+ HDD problem (last hope!!)

Hi - Today I have had a problem with my Sky+ system that shows a
message
stating "playback & recording unavailable"

I tried various things (power off/on; remove card; defrag etc), including
calling Sky support - they eventually suggested a system reset.

I really don't want to do this as I know it will wipe all recorded programs
and I have a special one on there when my daughter was on TV recently
(yes.... I know I should have recorded it to video or avi.....)

Anyway, a trawl around with google found me this ...
http://copyplus.artisswebdesign.co.uk/instructions.php

Unfortunately this COPY+ software did not recognise my Sky+ HDD (a maxtor
120GB) so I could not copy it. However I was able to see all the various
files on the HDD through "my computer" and disk management showed
it was
fully active, so I don't think the HDD is duff.

Does anyone know of another way of getting programs off a SKY+ HDD or some
other way of resetting it without losing pre-recorded programs. Or maybe
any
other ideas (other than "you should have done something sooner")
as I am in
the dog-house!!

Many thanks