Latest message you have seen: Re: [OT]ish - Tools for chasing out walls for conduit

RE: Serial IR control of Sky+

Yep ;-) I'm a bit behind on my UKHA emails, I guess I should have
told you guys I'd expanded the range, though it's always very nice
when other people spread the word.

We've mostly been selling the Serial/RS-232 versions to Crestron
installers - they come complete with a Crestron user macro definition
to make the integration very easy.

(My struggle now is trying to get them into 'mass production'. It's
easy enough getting PCBs made up, but it seems much more difficult to
find people who'll take the PCB and turn it into a finished product.
Any pointers very welcome, I know there's a few people reading this
who have been through this process themselves!)

And of course I need to get that new website finished off and
launched...

Cheers

Joseph

In message <239FFCCB86EEA04DA6757977FA6F63B41B35@xxxxxxx>
"Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Looks like Joseph is marketing his Sky controllers more seriously now
- they do work well :)

> > Following loads of hassle getting a USB-UIRT to reliably control
my Sky+
> > box, and thanks to Frank Mc for pointing it out - i bought a
Serial to IR
> > unit from Sky-Control and now have 100% reliable control of my
Sky box
> > from
> > my PC.
> >
> > I'm using CharmedQuark for my HA system at home - and there's
some
> > screenshots here
> > http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=2597
> > which show the Sky controller i'm using on my 15" AirPanel
Touchscreen.

> > The Sky+ driver for CQC was written by myself - which as a total
non
> > programmer gives a good idea of how easy it is to write drivers
for CQC. I
> > find it so much more flexible that MainLobby and all the
> > backgrounds/buttons/layouts are easy to do.
> >
> > Good thing about the Sky-Control Serial controller is that as
standard it
> > will control two different boxes from one unit i.e 1 x Sky+, 1 x
SkyHD,
> > and
> > can control upto 15 - all from 1 serial connection.
> >
> > More detail here -  <http://www.sky-control.co.uk/serial.shtml>
> > http://www.sky-control.co.uk/serial.shtml
> >
> > Just got to design some screens for CBus lighting control etc.
now :)

--
Joseph Heenan, Glasgow, UK              http://www.heenan.me.uk/