Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Google Wave

RE: [OT] TomTom Go 910

I had a look at my mount last night, there doesn't seem to be any form
of a=
djustment available, - unlike the good old thumbscrews on the old range of
=
mounts, however, I took particular care when attaching the sucker to be
sur=
e to hold everything tightly in place, and I did notice that in the 3 hour
=
drive home round the M25 on a Friday evening (NOT pleasant!) it didn't
seem=
to droop at all last night....

I'd not been aware that there were now modified mounts available for the
'1=
0 range... - where can I find out more info about this? - if I order
anothe=
r windscreen mount now, is it likely then to be different to the one I got
=
in the box?

I've not noticed any problems with the volume or distortion - perhaps you
h=
ave too noisy a car! - I rarely need or want mine above about 75% volume
an=
yway, - however, there is an audio out connection available, so perhaps
you=
could utilise an external speaker... - I'd previously thought about one of=
those soundbug thingies stuck to the windscreen. I'm currently in a hire c=
ar, but when my new car comes in a few weeks, I plan to get it
"professiona=
lly" installed (Halfords do a fitting service for =A340), at which
point I =
hope to utilise the audio out to connect it up to the car stereo... -
altho=
ugh with luck, I won't need to, as I've ordered the advanced Bluetooth
opti=
on in the car, so hopefully I'll be able to pair the 910 to the car &
utili=
se audio over Bluetooth through the car stereo system...

Paul G.

hands o=
> the wheel I can't with the 910.  The old mount was long enough that it
> rested on my dash so there was never any droop or vibration - I get
both
> with the 910.  I think it will be difficult to get any 3rd part mount
as
> the
> power and phone mic etc are built into the mount instead of the actual
> unit
> as in the TT Go.
>=20
> Despite just buying it 3 weeks back I've got the old style mount
comparin=
> it with the pics in some of the TT forums.
>=20
> I've also found that I can't turn the volume full up without getting
any
> annoying distortion in the sound.  However it is just loud enough to
hear
> at
> about 75% volume...
>=20
> However apart from those two issues I well pleased with it -
especially a=
> it syncs well with my mobile.  In fact I'm thinking of removing my car
ki=