Latest message you have seen: MCE and NTL

Remote networking / VPNs

Hi all,

I spend some of my time working in Client offices.
Some Clients are more relaxed than others regarding internet usage,
but either way, using their 'net connection for IM & personal email
etc. is a bit of a no-no, and some are blocking it anyway.

What I think I need is some sort of VPN (?) connection back to my home
office. I've seen routers that support "VPN pass-through" but I'm
not
sure this is best since I don't want to leave another PC on 24/7 just
so I can pick up my email if I'm out & about with my laptop. Are there
"reasonably priced" routers that can be the host of a VPN? Can
the
Vigors do this? I tried reading the specs but they lost me after a
while... What terminology should I be using in my searches?

Or, maybe I should just get the Vario II with Web & Walk Pro, connect
the laptop via that and be done with it?

Thanks,

Tim.