Latest message you have seen: Re: automated broadband speed check?

RE: [OT] TomTom Go 910

  • Subject: RE: [OT] TomTom Go 910
  • From: "John Nye" <john@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:44:05 +0100

Yep, great bit of kit!

Bought it early July rather than a built in satnav in the new car.

Took it to Florida for 2 weeks and the maps were great and I was over in
Spain last weekend where the maps were just as good and so much better than
the Ipaq I used to use with navman software (this was a few years old so
hopefully their offering is better now).

If you have a compatible phone - there is a list on their web site (I
bought
a 750i)- you can use the tomtom as a handsfree unit via BT to the phone.
Also lets you send and receive sms via the tomtom (it reads them out to
you).

Remote control is great also, easy to use (no poking of touch screen
required!) without crashing the car... which is important -:)

Also has an ipod interface so you can play the ipod through the tomtom, but
not something that you would necessarily want to do as everytime the tomtom
wants to talk to you it mutes the music so I think I'm going to have a
separate ipod interface kit fitted to the car. There is an audio out cable
so you can connect into your car radio if you want.

And lots of voices and other things to play around with (has 7 pages of
various preferences most of which I've not touched.... yet)

With all the Europe and USA maps on there is about 13Gb left for other
stuff.

My only regret is not having bought it in the duty free shop in Manchester
as I'd have saved a fair bit of dosh!

John