Latest message you have seen: Re: Photos of Home Automation

Re: ADSL Router B....B....B.... ??

I managed to sell the Vigor it replaced for something like fifty quid
on
eBay.

Originally I bought the Vigor for VPN use but found I wasn't using it
(currently dabbling with a Zywall P1, to see if I can replace the firmware
on it and use it as a secure reverse proxy for the Tivo etc)

Andy

On 18/09/06, Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ahh, I missed that deal.
> I bought mine as a cheap access point for work and was very happy with
it=
.
> It makes me wonder whether I *really* need all the features of a
~=A3150
> Vigor...(although I'll probably be branded a heretic now...;-) )
>
> Thanks too for the QuidCo tip, I hadn't seen that before.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim.
>
> On 9/15/06, Andy Davies <dajdavies@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > They did this earlier this year too, when you could buy - the
router on
> it's
> > own, or the router with the PC Card, or the router with the USB
adapter=
,
> or
> > the router with the PC Card and USB adapter all for the same
price!!!

> > I bought one and one the whole am really happy with it, the UI
could be
> > bit better (but so could most router UI's), it appear pretty
stable too=
.

> > If you do decide to buy one don't forget to go through QuidCo or
such
> like
> > and earn yourself some cashback.
> >
> > Andy
> >

> > On 15/09/06, Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > From Misco:
> > > 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps ADSL2/2+ Modem Firewall
Router wit=
> > > Wireless 54Mbps PC Card **AND** USB Adapter
> > > http://www.misco.co.uk/productinformation/~104436~MJ~/index.htm
> > >
> > > There was a similar deal last year but then they only
bundled *either=
*
> > > the card or USB adaptor. This latest deal includes both :-)
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > >
> > > Tim
> > > (no connection to Misco or 3Com, other than a happy
customer...)