From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jonathan Shaw
Sent: 08 September 2006 16:14
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Sensor location

I am beginning to get my head around the infrastructure required to
automate my home, but I am more vague about where sensors etc should be
located which is affecting my planning of cable routes.

e.g.
is a ceiling based 360 degree PIR a good place of occupancy sensing or
is corner mounted better?
IR receiver - best in centre of ceiling?
What about temperature - would near a light switch be good? It is chest
height but if the door is open it may misread - but is there a better
place?

TIA
Jon