xAP and UPNP

I have been reading about upnp an xAP and I understand that upnp is
pure TCP/IP and quite heavy weight whereas xAP is light weight and
therefore suited to small as well as heavy duty devices.

Is my reading of this page right?http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?
showtopic=1596

"A native C-Bus interface under xAP control is available for
purchase."
and
"To my knowledge there are two commercial hardware products with
native xAP or xPL support. One is IP-based audio player SlimP3 from
Slim Devices. The other is an IP-based general purpose IO called
NetioM from Phaedrus Limited"

So a SlimP3 could control c-bus connected devices via xAP?? or visa
versa.  At <Time> switch on music and lights.

Seems pretty powerful
I notice Comfort and Idranet also support xAP so could these
integration devices control an xAP device??

There was a thread about xAP upnp bridgin about a year ago - it
wasn't conclusive, is there any such bridge now?  Given that Windows
XP supports upnp, does that mean if the PC also runs and xAP
interface the bridge is formed?

Finally what consumer devices actually support either upnp or xAP?
Both seem thin on the ground.

Thanks
Jon