Re: Video....whats the word .....and then distribution!!

  • Subject: Re: Video....whats the word .....and then distribution!!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 12:30:04 -0000

Thanks for the tips, I'm shifting the signals up to a six foot odd
projector screen so composite doesn't look great that big! So need to
keep my good signals, i.e. xbox good, plus since I switched my xbox to
NTSC and HiDef the texts fuzzy on anything but component!!

so....after the prompts i've looked at some amps and I've found a
yamaha that will take in composite, s video, and component and up
convert everything to component so i'd only have to run one video
cable amp to tv which be nice!

YAMAHA DSP-AX759SE coming in at =A3450 i've been quoted, ...still lots
of dosh but if I need to I'll do it! Just wanted to ask if anyone knew
of any cheaper options, have asked a couple of dealers and they've
said thats the only one that will do it and thats the price im looking
but obviously the collective knowledge here I deem to be far better!!

thanks

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@...> wrote:

> Have to say, I'm more than happy with the quality of decent
composite video
> myself.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> I use my XBox (XBMC naturally) and Tivo as AV sources (plus a media
server
> with Winamp as Audio only), and the Projector and two TVs as outputs.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> I used to use a 4 way switch from Maplin to choose the source, and a
little
> 4way AV distro amp from Keene electronics to boost the output of
this for
> routing around the house.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> I actually have SCART cable in the walls to most rooms. It was kinda
cool at
> the time, but it's a complete PITA to work with and I would not do
the same
> again. I'd prefer AV over CAT5 any time now.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> The drawback of this system is that it's essentially single zone -
that
> suits us for 90% of the time, but I'm now planning to get a 4x4 Matrix
> switch to let me route any to any, and have a couple of
"zones".
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> I have a kitchen PC - really an old 15" TFT mounted on/in the
wall
with a PC
> in the cupboard behind it - I'm planning to upgrade this guy with a
decent
> VIVO card to let me feed the same composite signal to the Kitchen
that's
> being fed to the Projector in the living room.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> I guess I'll have to sit down and do a "proper" design at
some
point, but
> this is working okay for us just now.
>=20