Re: [OT] USB, electronics and ground

Hiya,
One thing that springs to mind when I was reading this, back in the old
days when pc cases had little mini speakers that you connected to the
mother board (rather than the little on board beeper things you get
these days), we ran into a problem whereby if the speaker connection
ever got connected to the frame of the speaker (and so to the outside of
the case) - that gave the cable a real problem - in some instances
melting the plastic outer.

You haven't got any grounding going on with internal stuff in the pc?

Cheery
Wayne.

Paul Gale wrote:
> I seem to have a problem with ground or earthing here. When I plug in
USB devices to my main PC, I get small sparks between the shield and the PC
case. This sometimes causes the PC to hang (not surprisingly!). I guess I
have different