Re: VGA with removable connector ?

While the website is pretty poor, I've never had anything turn up with
that sort of difference...yet.

A quick google on manufacturers part number turns up this:
http://www.intronics.nl/intronics/CP_PN.jsp?PM=3D128572&L5=3D128572&L5M=3D1=
28545&L2M=3D128419

Which confirms the plug style as per the CPC picture, but also
indicates the cables have ferrite cores - can you pass those through
your conduit?

If so, might the plugs fit through the conduit as-is if you cut the
"ears" off ? (the bits that the securing screws pass though)

I did just remember this though:
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3DCS10932
Send the video over cat5 so you only need a cat5 cable, and maybe an
LV power cable in the conduit. The box is a bit large but maybe you
could hide that somewhere else and run a short VGA lead to the screen
all within the destination room?
=A355+vat, unfortunately :-((

Cheers,

Tim.

On 9/7/06, Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's the sort of cable I was after, but like you say the images
"are fo=
r illustration only" so I'm not confident that the cable wouldn't
actually =
arrive with a moulded plug anyway.

> Marcus
>

> ________________________________

Tim Hawes

us.warrington%40mis-es.com> > wrote:
> > > Does anyone know of somewhere that sells long (15m) VGA
cables that
> > > *DON'T* have a moulded VGA connector. What I need is one
where the
> > > connector is the old style shell connector that I can
separate and th=
en
> > > remove all the pins. The reason is that I need to pass the
VGA cable
> > > down a conduit that is too small to take the VGA connector
itself. At
> > > the moment I'm using a cheap cable that I chopped the head
off and th=
en
> > > soldered back together once I'd passed it down the conduit.
This work=
> > > OK but the display suffers from a small amount of ghosting
so I'm
> > > looking for a better (shielded) solution. (The display is a
touchscre=
en