RE: HTPC - Radeon 9250 PCI Card problems.

  • Subject: RE: HTPC - Radeon 9250 PCI Card problems.
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:32:51 +0100

Fraid so.

S-Video output from most PC cards is pretty darn grim.

The only cards I have found with an even halfway decent TV output are the
ATI All in Wonders (and even then, anything above 640x480 is pretty pants)
and the nvidia 6600 GT (which comes with RGB component outputs).

That being said - there's one gotcha: make sure your card is properly
outputting PAL for the UK rather than PAL-60.

It's one of the things which took me towards the XBox and XBMC - the video
output stage on the XBox is light years ahead of graphics cards.

I guess this is a question for the Windows Media Centre guys - what cards
give a decent MCE quality?

Ian.

_____