Re: Video....whats the word .....and then distribution!!

  • Subject: Re: Video....whats the word .....and then distribution!!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:45:03 -0000

Thats what i love about this list! :) so many people always ready and
willing to help me justify stuff! :)  not that it needs justification
of course...just helps!!

Will definitely have a look at the yamaha stuff,

So....if i wanted to have say four sources to two or three outputs
with each output to view any/all sources maybe even all three viewing
the same source what do i need then?!

guess there's some kind of matrix thingy or could i split the signals
and put into say three/four yamaha amps as an example!?!?  probably a
horrendous way to do it signal wise...???

thanks

noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Neil Ball" <neilball@...> wrote:

> Add Yamaha to the list as well. Most models convert all analogue video
> sources to component and some will upconvert all sources to HDMI.
Many have
> a 2nd AV zone capability, allowing composite video and stereo sound
to be
> output to a 2nd zone. As Gareth states non accept RGB so you either
convert
> RGB to component before connecting to the AV amp with the appropriate
> interface or take S-vid/composite instead with the obvious drop in
quality.
> Many of the new ranges also support internet radio so maybe it's
time for a
> new AV amp & TV :-)
>

> Neil B.
>

>   _____