Fw: Video....whats the word .....and then distribution!!

  • Subject: Fw: Video....whats the word .....and then distribution!!
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 17:11:14 +0100

Most of the new Denon and Pioneer amps will upshift all signals
(composite, SVideo and component) to a component signal. Im sure others
prob do as well.

Dont think any of them will do RGB tho.

G.

Gareth Cook
IT Architect / Project Manager, SWG Sales
IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 04/09/2006 16:57 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 16:34

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] Video....whats the word .....and then distribution!!
.
Category:

Hmmm ok another in the series of im in my new house and I wanna do
stuff posts!!

Thinking of shifting video around the house, and even just around my
lounge.
If I'm going to put all my boxes in the cupboard and cable to the tv
and projector then it makes sense to harmonise it a bit and run the
minimum of cables.

Plus if I spec it right it means I just 'HAVE' to go out and buy a new
tv!!

So currently i have composite from the tivo into my amp, altho I know
it can do better using RGB scart I think, composite from my xbox into
my amp and when i use projector i connect it to the projector using
component, I have my freeview which i don't think will work in my new
house, my cctv will output composite i guess from my pc, and god knows
what else.

so i'm looking for a box that will take a variety of input signals
ideally and push them all out over one type of cable (if it can do a
variety then all the better!!)  now if i was able to spec component as
the output then i would have to buy a new tv!! LOL  only really
looking at three or four outputs max,

so can anyone tell me what one of these is called, have seen talk of
video distribution but didn't think that included the changing of
cables etc,

any specific models wihtout spending the world or am i dreaming!?!

I seem to remember that some amplifiers can kind of do this? is that
right,

thanks

Noel