RE: [OT] Photos - My new Smartphone...

> The browser pics are interesting - are those pages specifically
formatted
> for a mobile device or is standard pages reformatted by the Vario??

Standard formatting of IE on WM5.  There's a nice version of Opera for WM5
too.

> How does the WiFi compare with the 3G 'reception' wise?

WiFi reception seems better than on the Exec.  3G is nice - for example it
is fast enough to stream from my SlingBox.

This phone (and T-Mobile) support the new "HSDPA" (although
finding this
service in the UK isn't easy yet)...

"The Vario II's high-speed HSDPA data gives a maximum download rate of
1.8
Mbps, and it also has UMTS, GPRS and EDGE data plus 802.11b and 802.11g
wireless ethernet. Of course, the MDA Vario II is a phone as well, and it
supports quad-band GSM for use worldwide."

http://www.mobilegazette.com/t-mobile-mda-vario-ii-06x08x08.htm

M.