[OT] Cisco voip help needed

  • Subject: [OT] Cisco voip help needed
  • From: "Matthew Miles" <m_miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:38:50 -0000

Hey all,

Its been a VERY long time since I posted here last!  Just after some
help with Cisco phones.  I am starting to get a small collection going
now - a 7940, 7960 and a couple of ATA-186's (with a 7970 planned).

I am after the latest firmware for all of these and so I need to get a
licence for each device (for SIP) and a smartnet contract - I think,
or so I have read!.

My question is - how do I go about this and how much will it cost me?
I don't need anything fancy, no onsite engineer etc, just the basics
to have legal software... Any reccomendations?  I'm sure I heard that
the contract wasn't too expensive, but that the licneces for each
handset were.

I would appreciate any information that people could provide.

Many thanks,

Matt