Re: Anyone running XP media edition on the Kiosk PC?

  • Subject: Re: Anyone running XP media edition on the Kiosk PC?
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:25:45 -0000

Thanks Dean,=20

I am inclined to agree with you, just looking to have the same=20
interface for music in the 3 locations I use it. I have a MCE PC in=20
the study, HP Digital Entertainment center in the lounge and the=20
touchscreen in the kitchen. SWMBO hates the fact that there is=20
different interface in each room.=20

There is someone selling the Kiosk with Media Edition loaded on Ebay.=20
(For =A3300!). I asked if it ran ok and they said yes but I am not sure=20
it would. I had the same experience as you when trying it on an old=20
PC. Perhaps I will try if I have time.=20

What interface are you using?

Cheers
Ian=20=20=20
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dean Barrett" <dean@...> wrote:

> I'm running two of these - I would think it would struggle, but=20
biggest
> problem would be the display driver - I tried to installed Media=20
Edition on
> a slightly old PC and it worked but Media Centre complained about=20
the
> display card and considering the struggle I had to try to make one=20
of the
> Kiosks playback DVD's I wouldn't think Media Edition wont like it=20
at all...
>=20
> Of course I may be totally wrong :)
>=20
>=20
> Dean.
>=20
>=20
>=20=20
>=20=20
>=20=20
>=20=20
>=20
PC?
> >=20
> > Hi All,=20
> >=20
> > I have one of the Kiosk PC's we bought a while back.=20
> > currently running the myHTPC menu system. I am considering=20
> > running XP Media edition on the Kiosk but I am concerned it=20
> > does not have the power required.=20
> >=20
> > Anyone here tried running media edition on the Kiosk? Did you=20
> > need to upgrade it in any way?
> >=20
> > Many Thanks
> > Ian=20