Underfloor heating and HA control?

  • Subject: Underfloor heating and HA control?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:38:41 +0100

I=92m going to be putting a wet under floor heating system into my
loft con=
version. The floor will be a timber and real wood flooring. My architect
sa=
ys this is possible and there are systems available to do this (rather
than=
embedding in concrete).

Obviously! I want to be able to control this and feed it into my HA
system.=
I currently use Smartfit connected to Comfort =96 but this is only a singl=
e zone solution.

While we=92re doing this, we may also be doing a fair bit of work to the
ho=
use heating system and may even be replacing the boiler. This would be a
go=
od opportunity to finally create a proper zoned system =96 I=92d ideally
li=
ke to be able to control the temp in a number of zones around the house
=96=
if not in every room individually.

So =96 any ideas or recommendations for:

a)	Type/manufacturer of the UFH
b)	Type and manufacturer of the control system=20
(automatable/with status control)
c)	Type of system to fit in the existing rooms?

Having Comfort, HomeVision Pro, HomeSeer and a xAP network, how might I
int=
egrate this heating system? I=92ll also be getting CBus if that makes any
d=
ifference?

Thanks,

Paul.