Re: Re: [OT] Wind Turbines

Darren,

See my previous post about what loft & cavity wall insulation cost me.

Where are you getting your figures of "=A33K to =A35K" from???
Google for "cavity wall insulation" and on the first page of hits
you'll find loads of info, including this site:
http://www.heatproject.co.uk/
Click on the "Grants" link on the left and you'll see that even
with
the most expensive example, you're still paying only =A3330. (I've no
affiliation with this particular site, just came across it today).

Some other sites estimate that you'll save up to 1/3rd of your heating
bill=
s.

I'd put my money into insulation first, then start worring about the
other stuff :-)

HTH,

Tim.

On 10/17/06, Darren Karp <darren.karp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marc,
>
> Its all to do with economics, unless that is your doing it to be
green, e=
tc.
> I doubt many people would spend =A33K to =A35K on insulation then
another=
=A31.5K
> on a wind turbine just to save a few hundred pounds per year unless
they
> intended to live in the house for the rest of their lives or a
considerab=
le