Re: [Help] trying to find cable

I've always managed with pliers. If you are really keen, you can
loosely
crimp with pliers and then run in a little solder.

Cheers,

David

On 10/12/06, Georgia Thomson <georgia@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   no idea how much a crimpt ool costs, i've always used needle osed
> pliers. a little fiddly, but if you're only doing a few it's not too
> bad. i susepct there's an easy way to do it using pliers, if the
> tool is that expensive.
>
> On 12 Oct 2006, at 16:54, Christopher Purves wrote:
>

> > Thanks - am I right in thinking the crimp tool seems to cost
=A3300

> > Ta
> >
> > Chris

> > > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > From: david.gumbrell@xxxxxxx
<david.gumbrell%40gmail.com>
> > > Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:03:06 +0100
> > > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [Help] trying to find cable
> > >
> > > Hi Chris
> > > You can find the headers and crimps on RS, bog standard
0.1"
> > pitch. You have
> > > the choice of soldering the LEDs on, or crimping on both
ends and
> > just
> > > poking the LED leads into one of the headers.
> > > Something like 293-0026 or 360-5967 plus the crimps.
360-5967
> > doesn't have
> > > the "nubs", so probably better.
> > > Cheers,
> > > Dave
> > > On 10/11/06, Christopher Purves
<CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx<CHRIS_PURVES%40=
msn.com>>

<ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com><ukha_d%40ya=
hoogrou
> ps.com>
<dajdavies%40gmail.com><dajdavies%40gma=
il.com>

spare
> > cables like this
> > <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx
<CHRIS_PURVES%40msn.com><CHRIS_PURVES%40msn.com>>

find a stock
> > of those 2
activity (or
> > network activity)