RE: Gas Useage

  • Subject: RE: Gas Useage
  • From: "Christopher Purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 06:58:15 +0000

Here is a chart of my gas usage up to August (when my automation pc
broke!)

http://www.chrispurves.com/charts/Gas_Monthly_Units.jpg
http://www.chrispurves.com/charts/Gas_Monthly_Costs.jpg

Ignore the left hand axis label - its meter units and pounds respectively.

I use gas for cooking and hot water only (heating is via aircon).

If I understand you correctly you are using around 2 units per day ?

my daily units are=20

http://www.chrispurves.com/charts/Gas_Daily_Units.jpg

Just as a check It looks like I am calculating the cost of a unit as
around=
=A31

I think that means my units are in m^3 - I am sure someone else can chime
i=
n here.

In summary I am paying around =A330 per month for hot water and cooking
gas=
.

Chris

> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> From: bro-yahoo@xxxxxxx
> Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:44:01 +0100
> Subject: [ukha_d] Gas Useage
>=20
> I've been tracking my gas usage on an excel spreadsheet- It's
something i
> want to automate but it is an old mechanical meter. I don't really
want t=
> use a webcam and ocr :(
>=20
> We are having a dispute with the gas company- i think that there is a
> problem with the meter- On my spreadsheet i have a column that takes
the
> difference between the meter readings and the dates of the readings-
this
> gives me a daily use value. I multiply this by 365 to get an
approximate
> usage for the year.
>=20
> Most of the approximate usage's are at about 90 units for the summer
and =
200
> for the winter (more stews and roasts in the winter- we are not
dissimila=