RE: [OT] Any lighting designers/consultants here?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Any lighting designers/consultants here?
  • From: "John Nye" <john@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 17:27:12 +0100

We ended up with 4 circuits (work tops, breakfast bar, table and under
cupboards) and 4 scenes (all on, cooking, eating, evening)- it all seems
pretty obvious now but didn't seem that way when we just had a blank sheet
of paper!

I had decided that I wanted to use Rako as I wanted something easy to
install and setup where I could play about with the scenes but as it
happens
we have not changed the initial setup (we decided on the scene settings, it
wasn't part of the design). Also 'no mess' was specified by the boss so
cutting into walls was a nono so that ruled out a number of options.

We didn't go for colours though, mainly LV halogen downlights. Made a bit
of
a mistake with the under cupboard lights as tried to save some money and
went for some cheepo cabinet lights that take 20w G4 bulbs (the things are
always blowing!) rather than what had been suggested
http://www.mr-resistor.co.uk/cat.asp?pageid=242&subid=399
so I'm looking to
swap them out.

John