Re: Vario II - speed of WM5 ?

Nah .. Vario has a 400mhz processor with 64mb ram compared to my M600
which
only has 200mhz!!!

I have never seen a Vario 2 - but it is larger, heavier and has a slide out
keyboard (which I personally don't want).

So far the M600 is my perfect phone - a part from the speed and the
annoying
fact that if it is sunny I cannot see what is displayed on the screen! Oh
and it does not have built in GPS receiver and the fact that the
loudspeaker
is on the back and of an appalling quality!

Not much of a perfect phone.

When someone rings me the phone takes priority. But it has trouble handling
the two applications at once and so any action you try to take is severely
delayed.

Ho yin

<marcus.warrington@xxxxxxx<marcus.warrington%40mis-es.com>
> <mailto:marcus.warrington%40mis-es.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Lee
> >
> > Mainly I just collect the data of interest; when I first started
> looking
> > a couple of years ago there were 17 hotspots with most having no
WEP
> > enabled, now there are 132 but only about 30 are not protected,
so
> > people are obviously getting more technically savvy.
> >
> > I have in the past made POI files for TomTom to show open access
> points
> > , but I've never uploaded them anywhere.
> >
> > > I've used WiFiFoFum before on a PDA, so it's good to know it
works
> > > on the Vario II.
> >
> > Actually I'm using it on a Dell Axim X51v PDA, my original post
was a
> > request to ask how people found the speed of the VarioII when
running
> > multiple apps like TomTom AND WiFiFoFum, I find the the X51v
(WM5) is
> > much slower than the X5 I had before even though it has a faster
> > processor. WM5 seems to have imposed a serious performance
penalty and
> > maybe going for a n O2 MiniS XDA would be a better bet ??
> >
> > Marcus
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> > From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:ukha_
> d%40yahoogroups.com>
> <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
> > ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:ukha_
> d%40yahoogroups.com>
> <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf
> > Of lee.taylor@xxxxxxx <lee.taylor%40alstec.com> <mailto:lee
> .taylor%40alstec.com>
> <lee.taylor%40alstec.com>
> > Sent: 06 October 2006 09:19
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:ukha_
> d%40yahoogroups.com>
> <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Vario II - speed of WM5 ?
> >
> > Marcus,
> >
> > Out of interest, what do you do with the data you collect? Eg,
import
> it
> > into an application? upload it to a community website that tracks
APs?