Re: CBus control?

Paul Gale wrote:
> Ah Ok (ignore my last email to you on the CBus-HV controller!)
>
> So, a hardware method would sound best in terms of resilience. I've
pretty much ruled out the Comfort route as I try to do as little HA
programming in Comfort as possible - but do most in HomeVision or HomeSeer.

> Sounds like what I'm really after is the C-Bus to HomeVision
controller then.

Yep - probably suits you best - you could also run some macros (no
hardware required) on HV to control C-Bus but it doesn't synch with
C-Bus , maybe it tracks though.  Frank has some of these..
> How will this store light states etc - in variables?
No, currently I don't use any variables at all.  HomeVision with latest
ROM has Custom Lighting capabilities which means that you write macros
&
control your C-Bus lighting in exactly the same way as for X10, ie named
lights .  Custom Lighting persay doesn't support triggering of HV's
actions based on state change ONOFF but using the gateway you get this
feature back. You can mix X10 and C-Bus lights and control either within
macros.
> Will it also talk xAP/BSC in any way, or would I need to rely on the
HV plugin in HS and James' xAP plugin to do this?

You will currently rely on both the HV plugin for HomeSeer (HV>HS) and
also James' xAP plugin for HS (HS>xAP) to do this... However this is
just a code space issue and a case of feature priorities. Interestingly
ATM I have implemented  xAP BSC support for C-Bus and X10 control but I
may have to jettison this in favour of other more approriate features if
I run out of space.   The gateway is designed to be expandable hardware
wise, and can carry a piggyback board that holds a second co-processor,
indeed several if needed.  Thus I could add say xAP implemented in a
slave co-processor.  The Rabbit processors are fairly low cost at under
£50 so this could be an attractive upgrade path, but nothing even
planned here yet.  The gateways will likely always remain in
'beta/development' state as they evolve over time.

Kevin