Re: [OT] Ish - Sky boxes?

Rob,

FWIW the fastest box I've seen / used is my current Panasonic
TU-DSB30. It's silver (doesn't matter to me) and is *much* faster than
a relative's early Amstrad and still faster than their new Sky+ box.

These panny boxes used to go for a bit of a premium as they
(supposedly) were better for weaker signal areas, like Spain (!), so
were popular with expats. I run mine in the UK with a "free"
viewing
card.

If you don't want to see the button labels you could always spray them
black...

HTH,

Tim.

On 10/5/06, Rob Mouser <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>

> I'm looking for 4 sky boxes. They need to be 1)Black in colour
(ideally)
> 2)Reasonably fast at channel changes etc. 3)Identical
>
> Anyone know of any good second hand suppliers? Or a cheap source of
new
> ones? Any particular one worth looking out for?
>
> I know I could bid my way through ebay but I don't really know what
I'm