Re: Radio sources and Russound kit?

  • Subject: Re: Radio sources and Russound kit?
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 09:29:19 -0000

Any text you like - IIRC The plugin has choice of messaging commands

Messages to individual (or all) keypads.
Messages to keypads with a specified source selected.

I'm using the latter, for radio station HS fires a message to all
keypads with 'Source 2' selected and for Track/Artist MLmediacentre
plugin fires a source message to all keypads with source 1 selected,
updated on track change. I also use the plugin to control
the 'Source' key from the keypad - instead of cycling through all 6
I have it just looping through the (at present) 3 sources. Each push
also fires a brief message displaying source name (Radio,Music,TV)
and then the source info (e.g. Radio station name).

I also played with sending Caller ID info to the keypads but then
upgraded both HS and ML and haven't had the time to get it working
again !

Not using the Russound Power tools software, thought about it - then
saw the price tag :-0

Cheers
Kevin W.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> Thanks Kevin!
>
> I wasn't sure how the station name got poked into the CAV - that
answers it. Did the ML Russound plugin work with respect to
a 'custom' text string - is it this that the station name goes into?
What if you wanted to display other data on the keypad screen -
could you do this and then at some interval, revert back to the
station name? I guess you hold the station name in a HS virtual
device and keep passing it back to the CAV as and when????