RE: Re: [OT] Wall mounting plasma questions

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Wall mounting plasma questions
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 13:37:46 +0100

> 2) Alarm cable sounds good.  I'd heard this mentioned before and
will
> probably run double just in case.  I will be cutting a hole behind the
> plasma to run cables to node zero so would prefer a wired solution.
The
> xantech kit looks good, especially the 490-95Kit
> http://www.letsautomate.com/12133.cfm
.  Would I be right in thinking
that
> could install the receiver under the telly and it would then route the
IR
> node zero?  It's just that the documentation I have read about it
suggests
> that it is the other way (controlling stuff in N0 from other stuff in
> there).   Does anyone have any other recommendations for a discreet IR
> distribution?

IMHO you won't go wrong with the Xantech IR stuff. Glad to see you're
looking at the Plasma friendly stuff as without it you'll have problems
in my experience. You are correct that the receiver goes under the
Plasma (or anywhere where its in line of sight of your remote) and sends
the signal to be distributed to emitters in Node 0. If you think you
will expand your kit in Node 0 (Or adding additional receivers, perhaps
for the bedroom?) you may be better considering the 791-44 amplified
connecting block which will give you a bit of future proofing.
http://www.letsautomate.com/10062.cfm
Xantech IR signals carry quite happily over alarm cable. CAT5 although
bulkier would give you more options when you change your mind :-) I
would personally run at least 4.

HTH

Rob