[OT] Wall mounting plasma questions

  • Subject: [OT] Wall mounting plasma questions
  • From: "Pedro De Oliveira" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 22:07:16 +0100

Hi all,

<delurk>

After moving home I'm about to wallmount the plasma and have convinced
SWMBO
to go with a node zero (under stairs cupboard).  To this end I have some
questions I hope the group can help with:

1) Plasma is to be mounted aerated (thermalite) bricks.  After much
consideration I have gone with sleeve anchor bolts (18 of) to hold 40kg.
Does this seem reasonable? Has anyone on the group one this before?
Comments?

2) How do I transfer IR from lounge to node zero?  I have seen powermids
but
they look a bit big and I was hoping for the unobtrusive look.  What do
others use?

3) Is there any problem (regulation wise) with taking the wires (not power)
from behind the plasma, going into and up the wall then between the ceiling
and upstairs floor and then back down a wall?

Any pitfalls or wise words that others may have would also be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Pedro