Re: In-wall alternative to X10?

How about Rako (http://www.rakocontrols.com)?

Although they don't have a light switch replacement, the dimmers are
inline with the load and then you just stick a wireless wall switch
over the "standard" switch (wires behind switch are therefore
connected permantly "on" in backbox).

Its both PC controllable and remote control - there is even a GSM SIM
control option.

Regards,
Ben

--------
Ben Geach
iDomus Limited
=20
www.SimplyAutomate.co.uk - Leading Home Control
www.iDomus.co.uk - We Do Smart Home Glue
www.SmartHouse.co.uk - Smarter Living Solutions
=20
10 Wornal Park, Menmarsh Road,
Worminghall, Bucks. HP18 9PH

Tel +44 (0) 845 644 3330
Fax +44 (0) 845 644 2713
Email: Ben.Geach@xxxxxxx
--------

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> My brother has just bought a new house and at last is thinking HA!
(I'll convert all my family eventually!!!).
>=20
> He'd like an affordable dimmer solution for a small number of
individual ceiling lights =96 probably wall switch replacements rather
than LD11's / CBus etc. Needs to be remote controllable and Ideally
would also be controllable via PC etc =96 for future use. I've not
looked into this area for a long time so not sure what's available/good.