RE: HA server mainboard recommendations?

  • Subject: RE: HA server mainboard recommendations?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:19:14 -0000

Thanks Paul.

I'm currently looking at the MSI ones as well, (965P & 975PE) as these
were both well reviewed by THG. The 975 only has 2 PCI slots though,
which is the absolute minimum I require, so doesn't leave much (any!)
scope for changing things around, which is a concern...

I'll take a look at the PSDBA as well now...

Cheers.

Paul G.

Of
> Paul Gale
> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:03 PM
> To: UKHA_D Group
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] HA server mainboard recommendations?
>
> I'm using a Supermicro PDSBA board as it supported Core 2 Duo and had
VGA
> onboard and supported PCI x4 slots along with other features - looked
> around lots of other boards at the time and there was nothing else
> suitable although this was a couple of months ago. Really good board,
> especially as it's from the renowned server board manufacturer.
>
> I've also used a cheap ASROCK board which was a nightmare as it just
> didn't want to let my 3Ware PCI express SATA RAID card work!
>
> Paul.

for
> > good, solid, reliable board to run it on.
> >

> > I've always been a fan of Gigabyte boards, and I'll be perusing
through
> > those first, but would be interested to hear any other
recommendations
> > from personal experience.
> >

> > In case it makes any difference, the server will be running
Windows
2003