MagicBox the IMP - Wow, very impressed!

  • Subject: MagicBox the IMP - Wow, very impressed!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:42:05 -0000

In an unprecedented unresearched jump of faith I've just bought a
Magicbox IMP!!

Think I saw it mentioned in the alarm clock thread on here  whilst
going through the last week or so's digests!

Went into comet just to have a look and i've bought one!! (more
expensive than online but money back guarantee so its a 14 day free
trial ;)  )

very very very impressed, setup took under 90 seconds....literally,=20

30 seconds later i was playing a listen again show from radio one.

Sound quality....well i was expecting not a lot...im very surprised
and impressed, sound is pretty good, low end is shockingly good too!

its no audiophiles cup of tea but for a bed room its pretty good and
more than loud enough for a bedroom/kitchen!

user manual is pretty good,=20

i know this didn't have the HA applications some people were looking
for but for an alternative to a squeezebox etc in an easy CHEAP one
box solution...AND the only unit i've found so far that can play
listen again shows from BBC without requiring another app to be
running on a server or similar its fantastic!!

reply with any questions if you want me to answer!!

i've got it for at least 2 weeks! ;)  they about =A3111 online i think
from the link posted earlier!

Happy listening,=20

Noel