Re: CBUS assistance

Chris - do you get accurate indicator lamp operation with scenes , and
if so where are your scenes held ?  I am seeing real weirdness here
which I keep putting down to the 'in progress' C-Bus code I am writing
on the trigger application. This happens particularly where I have
individual keys for say two lamps and those two lamps are also part of a
scene on the same switch  (all these three keys using the trigger
application via a Neo - not groups and not on the switch itself as it
isn't scene capable) .  The indicator lamps just don't reflect current
state and the multiple member scene light is always on even if the scene
is broken.. A setup slightly similar to the one Adrian is trying
although he is I think using 'logic groups' on the dimmer which I
haven't tried and I believe is being deprecated.

kevin

Christopher Purves wrote:
> I should say everything I do is scene based. I observed the 'weird'
behaivour after a rcd tripped. It may as you have suggested be the button
indicators that were wrong.

> ________________________________
>
>> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>> From: lists@xxxxxxx
>> Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:43:28 +0000
>> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] CBUS assistance
>>
>> from my experience the C-Bus reported state of a groups is always
>> correct and consistent across the network - there is no memory of
old
>> states that I have ever seen unless a network becomes physically
broken.
>> Even in those circumstances when they are reconnected there are
very
>> elaborate arbitration mechanisms (really difficult to write code
for)
>> in place to restore consistent state and all keylamp indicators
will
>> reflect the new consistent state and control it dependably. What
you
>> are seeing here Chris is because the buttons on the dimmers
themselves
>> do not generate any C-Bus control - they are literally just local
>> control buttons for the dimmer output . they don't even send
messages
>> on C-Bus when pressed so C-Bus doesn't know you have altered a
group state.
>> Now scenes, indicators and consistency ... that seems another
matter
>> entirely ;-)
>> Christopher Purves wrote:
>>
>>> Which switch are you using ? I think you may need to support
scenes to get this to work. I am only used to DLT's on which this is quite
possible as you describe but you would not define a new group to do it. I
have observed that you can get some weird behavour on cbus - it seems to
have memory. If a switch thinks something is off but you turned it on on
the dimmer itself for example a single push of the switch would not turn it
off. You would need to press it twice to get the desired effect. You can
get stuff like this after power cuts until the state all gets itself sorted
out.

>>> Chris

elsewhere which will
i can turn both