Re: Digital photo frames comparison

Hi Paul

(Fell free to skip this bit)
If you know the diagonal measurement of the screen, then you use pythag to
=
find the other side lengths as you said. But you hit a problem when as you
=
don't know both. In order to get arond this you use the "4:3"
ratio. This p=
rovides you with a 3 on the vertical, 4 on the bottom and a 5 as the
diagon=
al. However as you screen is bigger than this, you have to scale these up
b=
y multiplying them all by x. You can then substitute your screen diagonial
=
length (lets say we're talking about a 17" inch monitor) as 5x. So you
have=
5x =3D 17. Divide both sides by 5 and your left with your x value. You the=
n times x by 3 and 4 for the other sides. In order to work out the number
o=
f pixels you then divide the number in each plane by the monitors side.
*snaps fingers*
And your back in the room.=20

Now I've put it all into this spreadsheet for you:
http://www.mhims.co.uk/Screen%20Display%20Calc.xls

I'm pretty sure it's right though I have just woken up so I might have
gone=
wrong somewhere.......

It helps if you did your GCSEs last year :-)

Michael

----- Original Message -----=20