Re: CCTV extension cables

I get mine from RF concepts or Henry's..

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/accessories.htm
20metre cable with AV/phono connectors and 2.1mm DC Power (Also
available with Audio) About 14 quid

http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/cctvcameraaccessories.htm
16M Cable Shield Video + DC Power- Phono/DC Plug (No Audio, but option
available) about 8 quid.

Cheers

Marc

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...> wrote:

> I recently bought a couple of new CCTV cameras and some of them have
captive 1m long leads attached for video & power. 1m isn't long enough
to do didly-squat with... and because they are captive, there's no way
to remove them neatly and replace them just as neatly with a longer
cable. I don't like to just cut the plugs off and extend the wire for
various reasons, so what I'm left with is looking for extension cables.
>=20=20
> I've had a look around most of the usual suspects, but I haven't
been able to find what I think would be the ideal cable.. - namely, a
single cable, terminating in two connectors at each end: one end a
"standard" DC socket and a BNC socket, the other end the plug
variety
of the same... so that I can very simply, quickly, and easily extend
both connectors, and have a single wire to route back to Node 0.
>=20=20
> I've seen, (and already have) a set of Baluns that do this over CAT5
cable, but these baluns are =A320 a pair, plus for one of the cameras,
the join, once made will be sealed up in an inaccessible place, so I
plan to wrap it thoroughly in self-amalgamating tape, - this will be a
lot easier to accomplish with the slimmer connectors that a DC & BNC
extension cable would involve. Also, I'd prefer not to consign a set
of the very useful baluns to a run where I will absolutely never be
able to get it back again...
>=20=20
> Anyone know if anyone does standard CCTV extension cables off the
shelf in a selection of lengths?