[OT] Large Button Remote Control ??

We recently bought my 90 year old grandmother a freeview box, problem
is
she is registered blind and has bad arthritius in her hands meaning that
the remote control is useless for her. The buttons are so small that she
can not actually read them let alone press them. I have tried setting
all the main TV channels up as "favourites" so she can just
advance
through them with the Program up down button, problem is that even if
she does manage to change channel she has no idea what channel she is on
because the channel name comes up on the TV and she can't read it.

Does anyone know of a large button remote (and I do mean *large* button)
that can be taught IR commands. I have found some remotes  that look
ideal for her (mostly in the USA) but they can't be taught IR commands
,they have built in databases of known commands, and what are the
chances of a cheap unknown brand UK freeview box being in a USA
equipment database!

e.g
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00026ZZWU/dealtime-hpc-20/ref=no
sim

My only other thought was to build some "Frankenstein monsters"
from
buttons and boxes (from Maplins) that are hardwired directly to the
canalised remote

Marcus