RE: [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile

On my wired GPS I have a similar problem in that if I plug in the GPS
and t=
hen start up the PDA/TT6 the whole machine grinds to a halt, I have to
make=
sure TT6 is up and running BEFORE connecting the GPS. I also had BIG probl=
ems getting a wired serial GPS to wok with TomTom5/6 on WM5. In the end
the=
only way I got it to work was to use a third party piece of software (GPSG=
ate by Franson) to create a virtual com port and connect TT6 to that
instea=
d of the actual hardware port. The upside was it then allows multiple
devic=
es to connect the GPS even though there's only one physical port.

=20

>> One other neat thing - you can leave Bluetooth off, and TT6
starts=20

>> Bluetooth when it launches, then disable it again when it exits.
Very sl=
ick.

=20

Yes, a friend at work has TomTom6 on WM5 on a HP PDA and showed me this
the=
other day. Must ask him to see what happens if BT was already on before TT=
6 launched i.e. does it leave It in the state it found it or always turn
it=
off ? Just wondering what would happen if you used a BT headset for phone =
calls and started TT6.

=20

Marcus=20