RE: What bedside clock for a HA-er?

  • Subject: RE: What bedside clock for a HA-er?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 17:13:46 -0000

Hi John,

I'd thought of that already, since I have a "spare" SLIMP3
floating around =
somewhere, however, I discounted it because despite its undoubted
versatili=
ty as a display device, the user interface for using as an alarm clock
isn'=
t going to be very good...

How will I set the alarm to wake me up at 7AM for example?
How can I press "snooze" to get an extra 10 minutes?

I can imagine the only answer to either of these being via the web
interfac=
e to slimserver, or using the slim remote.. - neither of which comes
anywhe=
re near close to being as user-friendly as an Argos =A39.99 bedside
clock..=
.

That's the sort of thing I'm after though, - so if there was a squeezebox
w=
ith 3 or 4 hard buttons on it, which could be user-assigned, and labeled
on=
the display (like the 2 soft keys on a mobile phone for example), and if t=
here was a built-in function in slimserver for configuring these buttons
& =
the display into an alarm clock, then that would be almost perfect!

Cheers.

Paul G.

data=
,