RE: Cat5e and rg6 for newbuild

  • Subject: RE: Cat5e and rg6 for newbuild
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:27:36 -0000

Just what exactly are you looking for from your cable that will grade it as
"good" or "not good"?

C-Bus cable is straightforward solid cored CAT5e but it has a sheath that
is
rated for installation (without additional physical segragation) into
distribution boards along with mains cabling.

Phil

cable anyway?
> >I've heard that some are easier to pull than others, but
> electrically
> >they should all be "good enough" (just make sure it's
cat5e
> if you want
> >to do gigabit?)...
> >

> >>I like the fact that it comes in several colours,
> >>

> >Any colour you like so long as it's red...? :-)
> >

> >>Is it best to go for rg6 or will the likes of ct100 or ct125
be ok?

> >"rg6" tells you nothing about the suitability of the
cable
> AIUI (just
> >that it's 75 ohm and a certain size). You want to put in a
> 75 ohm cable
> >with low high-frequency losses and decent shielding. CT100 fits
that
> >description (or CT125 for very long runs).
> >

> >>Any sugestions or links to good suppliers would be great
> >>

> >www.tlc-direct.co.uk sell PF100 (a CT100 clone) for about 20 quid
> >reel
> >
> >Jim

Stuff, in one