RE: Cat5e and rg6 for newbuild

  • Subject: RE: Cat5e and rg6 for newbuild
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 08:09:42 -0000

>>What does constitute "quality" when it comes to cat5
cable anyway?

In my limited experience when I did this place there are some
considerable differences between 'budget' and 'quality' CAT5.

Main things I found were:

Pull ease (Better quality stuff seems more flexible).
Core colours (Especially the stripes) easier to see. (I had some TLC
stuff where the striped cores were so badly printed you had to look
hard!).
Ease of stripping back.

Twists also seemed tighter on the better stuff but when it comes to
punching down that can be a hindrance :-)

HTH

Rob