RE: Geovision users - Question...

  • Subject: RE: Geovision users - Question...
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:42:15 -0000

Yes - it's been a real mess - Geovision constantly trying to play
catchup with the pirate card manufacturers and in the process really
annoying users who would normally upgrade once in a while.

The tradeup program IIRC, was only going to run for a while - I believe it
should have finished by now but when I last checked, was still being
honoured (although some suppliers don't like it as it's too much hassle -
RFConcepts for instance!)

I had a 650 bought around the same time as you - I was running v7 with the
dongle (and a previous chip upgrade) - v8 definitely did not run. I then
upgraded to one of the more powerful cards.

Paul.

For
> version 8 you do not need a dongle but .... only certain cards will
work
> with version 8. Obviously the new ones do (the 1xxx series of cards).
And