RE: Intro and question re Home automation

  • Subject: RE: Intro and question re Home automation
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 09:52:47 +0100

Hi Mark

You found the group then! Sorry I couldn't reply earlier I'd hired an
excav=
ator for the weekend so was moving around 60 ton of soil. I see Nigel has
g=
iven you some good pointers the only thing to add for now is install far
mo=
re CAT5 than you think you will need. I flood wired my house around four
ye=
ars at build time and although at the time I fitted far more than I
thought=
I would need in some areas I've now run out. I believe others have had sim=
ilar experience! Just about CAT5 for everything, many people on here use
ht=
tp://www.kat5.tv/ for AV across it. I would also put at least a couple or
s=
o CT100 coax into places you may want any RF type feeds, don't forget Sky
p=
lus requires two feeds etc. If you have any more questions shout up.

Ian D

=20