Re: Anyone seen / got on e of these?

  • Subject: Re: Anyone seen / got on e of these?
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 07:25:01 -0000

Really tempted by one of these Phillips units but ideally I'd like
something that could be networked!
Are there any networkable options out there that don't involve silly
prices or me making it myself out of a laptop?!

(last time I tried to dis-assemble a laptop for exactly this purpose,
there was a little puff of smoke as I turned it on to test it was ok
and a little grey whisp from around the processor!! eek!)

Guess a little touchscreen monitor like the lilliput ones from ebay or
linitx would do the job connected to a pc but thats poss a little
extreme and not very standalone?! Opinions?!?

Thanks

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> Doesn't VISA cover accidental damage with some cards? Worth a shot?
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
Behalf Of
> > Mal Lansell
> > Sent: 23 May 2006 00:20
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Anyone seen / got on e of these?
> >=20
> > Ah, but you see the crappy slot design meant I accidentally bent
> > couple of pins on the CF socket, so they just stuck their fingers
in
> > their ears and yelled "you broke it".  My claim that it
should be
> > impossible to insert a card the wrong way round or out of
alignment
> > (like it is on all my other flash devices) didn't cut any ice
with
them.
> >=20
> > I can't be arsed with small claims, but do you think Visa is
worth
a shot?
> >=20
> > Mal